Michael H. Harbour
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mr. Harbour graduated from Brown University in 1977 and received his J.D. from the University of Virginia in 1981. He is admitted to practice in the State and Federal Courts of N.M., as well as the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Since 2008, Mr. Harbour has practiced Mediation and Arbitration exclusively. He has Mediated over 1500 cases including complex personal injury and medical malpractices cases, as well as business disputes, employment, and construction litigation.
While he was practicing litigation, he tried over 50 jury trials, and a similar number of bench trials in all courts in New Mexico, both Federal, and State.
Currently, he is a regular presenter at seminars involving Mediation.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Mediation
- 20% Arbitration
- New Mexico, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 1981
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1981
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1977
- Carraro v. Wells Fargo Mortg. & Equity, 744 P.2d 915 (N.M.App. 1987)
- Bower v. Western Fleet Maintenance, 726 P.2d 885 (N.M.App. 1986)
- Bolden v. Village of Corrales, 801 P.2d 659 (N.M. 1990)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member, 1981 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Madison Harbour & Mroz, Shareholder/Director, 1991 – 2001
- Montgomery and Andrews, Associate and Shareholder, 1983 – 1991
- Shafer Law Firm, Associate, 1981 – 1983